The ATO is seeing the following issues;
- Please complete Payroll Contacts properly – The ATO may be in contact to discuss any anomoly or things they think they are seeing, who should they contact – please complete the payroll contact name and details.
- The ATO report that they have been receiving multiple reports of the same payevent from some employers when there was no need to resubmit the same data.
- Check that you or your software is not sending a different payevent for each separate employee, i.e., if there are 10 employees in the payrun then all 10 should be sent in the one payevent STP report to the ATO.
- Make sure that your software is sending the data you think it is sending – check the reports from your software.
- Don't report for contractors and non-individuals.
- It appears that some are ‘finalising’ employees before they mean to. You can turn off the ‘Finalise’ in the next message or send an update event to turn the finalise flag off, if your software has that feature.
These errors may be caused by the way the software has been set up or the software itself.