SBSCH system update (from the ATO)
- As at 23 April, the backlog of payments has been cleared. We have returned to Business as Usual processing (ICB are advised this is deemed to be a 5 day turnaround). The exception is a small number of payments requiring manual intervention, such as where incorrect fund account numbers have been supplied. This is in-line with normal practice.
- The ATO is holding an ATO internal stakeholder workshop this week to discuss the progression of feedback we have received regarding the SBSCH.
- Communications for our on-boarding campaign has been completed.
- We have published updates to the SBSCH status update page on Friday last week which includes a statement from the Fair Work Ombudsman. See SBSCH system status
- SG quarterly payment date has passed and call volumes have been high in relation to the SBSCH. The ATO has provided additional resources and support to assist businesses access the new SBSCH system prior to the superannuation guarantee contribution deadline of 28 April 2018.
System Design and Enhancement Workshop
ICB will be involved in an opportunity to confirm the design issues you have encountered with the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House and inform the scope and priority of remediation to be undertaken by the ATO.