From Business Victoria - Restrictions
Metropolitan Melbourne is moving forward to further ease restrictions under the Third Step of Victoria’s roadmap for reopening.
From 11:59pm Sunday 8th of November the same restrictions apply in regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne.
For Bookkeepers and BAS Agents this means: Restricted. All activities that can be done at home must be done at home. Employees must work from home or a single site where reasonably practicable.
However, sole traders with a self-contained workplace may operate fully from workplace.
Working from an office may be considered when:
The work activity cannot be reasonably carried out from home, for example:
- Requires the use of specialised equipment or materials only available on site
- Requires open discussion of highly sensitive or personal information and the privacy of this information is enhanced by being based in the workplace
- The worker cannot be reasonably expected to work from home given their home environment
- The worker is a sole trader with self-contained workplace so does not require interaction with others.
Business activities should also adhere to the COVID Safe principles for business
- From 11:59pm on Sunday 8th of November 2020, businesses no longer need to issue permits to workers who are travelling between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria for work.
- Workers do not need permits to travel to work anywhere in Victoria.
The current restriction levels for metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are highlighted in the below roadmap.