You are NOT supposed to connect the Clients Unique Software ID to your BAS Agent Portal or BAS Agent Access Manager.
The Purpose of the Unique Software ID is to connect the clients Software with the clients records inside the ATO systems.
You connect the client to your client list with the ATO, as you have always done. This has nothing to do with the Unique Softwre ID of the client. As A Registered Agent the client should be on your client list with the ATO.
Inside the clients software you should be identified in the Intermediary or Agent role and your BAS Agent number will then be submitted to the ATO inside the data.
Process - to connect the clients software to the ATO
The ATO have advised that:
1/ An authorised person of the client can either ring the ATO or work through the business portal and business access manager to attach the unique software ID.
2/ You as Registered Agent for the client can make the connection by following the below process
- Ensure that you have the client listed as your client on your ATO Portal. Add yourself as their BAS or Tax agent under your Portal: client details – Contact Details You must be their Agent!
- To Connect the clients Unique software ID
- Call the ATO on 1300 852 232 and select #1
- Let them know you are an authorised contact as Regsistered Agent and you are nominate the software for a client.
You should state that you would like to ‘Notify the ATO of a hosted SBR software service’.
You should be able to then provide the information to them on behalf of your client.
- Your Agents Name
- Your Agents contact details
- your RAN
- Clients ABN
- Software Proders ABN or Name
- The SSID (Unique Software ID)
It is possible that you may have to request they take the details of the notification and that they will need to escalate the request to the STP Project Team.
You may need your personal TFN or other identification to do this, but it saves getting business owners frustrated with the ATO.
Full information for members
Any complications or matters where you dont receive the right answer from ATO please let me know at Matthew@icb.org.au