Improving digital engagement has the potential to significantly improve small business productivity in Australia, and help create an economy that is strong and dynamic.
Small business across a diverse range of industries, locations and sizes in Australia are adopting digital technology as part of their businesses, and four benefits are clear:
‘going digital’ saves a small business time.
‘going digital’ provides small business with the flexibility and mobility to work anywhere, anytime.
‘going digital’ can increase a small business' revenue by reaching new customers and markets.
‘going digital’ can protect a small business’ investment.
“Many small businesses are delaying, ignoring or simply are unaware of the opportunities that digital technologies may offer them,” Mr Bouris said.
“Accountants and bookkeepers remain the “trusted advisers” for small business. They raise awareness of options by indirectly marketing the products offered by service providers and are seen as a trusted source of impartial advice.”
Digital Implementation Journey
- Email (Communication)
- Website (Promotion)
- Processes (Efficiency)
- Analytics (Reporting and Improvement)
- Automation (Effectiveness)
Digital Process Journey for Business
- Digitise Payroll
- Digitise Interactions - Employee Portal
- Digitise business interactions
- Digitise Payments (ABA & Gateways)
- Digitise Invoices (eInvoicing)
- Digitise Signatures
- Digitise GST
- Simpler BAS
- Digitise Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPRS)
- Digitise Superannuation
- Employer making payments
- Employee accessing information
- Digitise Diaries
- Digitise Project / Practice Management
- Digitise Interactions with Government
- Digitise Analytics