A Helpful Directory for Tax Time
The ATO has a range of information, tools and services available to help small businesses prepare and lodge their tax return every year.
- ATO app – quick access to handy tools and calculators and answers to frequently asked questions.
- myDeductions – track business income, expenses, and car trips. At tax time you can upload this information to pre-fill your tax return, or email it to your tax agent. Never miss out on claiming a deduction because of a lost or faded receipt again.
- Calculators and tools – to help you run your business.
- Small business benchmarks – helps you compare your businesses performance against similar businesses in your industry.
- Small business newsroom – subscribe to the newsroom and get all the latest tax news, delivered straight into your email inbox.
- Small business workshops – register to attend our face-to-face workshops to help you understand your tax entitlements and obligations.
- Small business webinars – watch to find out about tax and super obligations and entitlements for your business. Topics include GST, activity statements, income tax deductions, home-based business, record keeping and more.
- atoTV – a wide range of videos that cover tax time information, to watch at a time that best suits you.
- Live chat – ask about GST, ABN, AUSkey, BAS, account enquiries and to update details. Live chat is available from 3.00pm–8.00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday and 10.00am–2.00pm (AEST) on Saturday (except public holidays).
- ATO Community – ask your tax and super related questions over on the ATO's online community forum.
- Business Assistance Program – one-on-one free, tailored and confidential support over a 12 month period for new small businesses.
- Phone 13 28 66 – for business enquires such as account balances, business registrations, business tax return preparation and activity statements (8.00am–6.00pm Monday to Friday local time, except national public holidays).
- After-hours call back service – provides the help you need, at a time that's convenient for you. Complete the online form to book a time to talk to us from 6.00pm–8.00pm Monday to Thursday (except public holidays).
- Social media – keep up to date with the latest tax and super information on the go! Follow the ATO to get tax tips and updates, share information and stay informed.