Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

RFBA for PBI - does this get included in Gross Wages for STP?

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 119962

Hi All, trying to get my head around the way this has been set up by previous bookkeeper - client is a registered charity & PBI.  Employees are allowed $611.50 a fortnight REFBA (some pay credit cards, rent etc).  This obviously reduces the gross amount & therefore tax payable.  My quiestion is, what figure should be reported to the TAO via STP & ultimately on their income statement at end of year.  Example:-

Gross Salary $1000.00

LESS RFBA $611.50

Taxable salary $ 388.50

I imagine it would be the $1,000.00 on STP & then on the income statement it would be $1000.00 gross & RFBA $611.50?

• 45 posts
  • # 119964

Hi Steph,

For STP INB Payee Gross Payments [PAYEVNTEMP47] the ATO states “Do not include amounts that have been salary sacrificed.”

So the STP amount is gross taxable.

Using your example report:

$388.50 for STP INB

$611.50 for RFBA

There is another field called OTE Amount [PAYEVNTEMP61] this would be $1,000.00 because this is used to ensure the employees super is being calculated and paid correct, which is field Reportable Employer Super Contribution [PAYEVNTEMP111].

Hopefully your payroll software will be able to automate this pretty easily.

• 1 post
  • # 120058

People, I’ve finally found my best essay writing assistance website. Speedypaper is as excellent in reality as in the Scamfighter review. A rare company can get closer to it in terms of paper quality and punctuality. I totally recommend this company to every student.

• 2 posts
  • # 120085

Thanks, it was userful for me in the same situation. I want to add that before making your finalisation declaration, make sure your STP information is correct. If you identify that you need to make an amendment after you have submitted a finalisation declaration, you'll need to submit these as soon as possible. You can make the amendments to finalised STP data in your STP solution.

• 3 posts
  • # 120104

Frankly it is not a big salary

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last