Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Not for Profit Employees Rental Allowance

• Affiliate
  • 2 posts
  • # 118513

Hi,

I just wanted to know how I should process this rental allowance for a Not-for-Profit business. The contract states "You will receive a rental allowance of $200/wk which shall be automatically deducted from the Group's rental expense for the Accommodation. You agree that the Group will set-off the difference between the weekly rental expense and your Rental Allowance against your remuneration."

Do I allocate the $200/wk as a non-taxable (before tax) allowance and then use a non-taxable (before tax) deduction for the Groups rental Expense?

• 7 posts
  • # 118532

LeanneS said:

Hi,

I just wanted to know how I should process this rental allowance for a Not-for-Profit business. The contract states "You will receive a rental allowance of $200/wk which shall be automatically deducted from the Group's rental expense for the Accommodation. You agree that the Group will set-off the difference between the weekly rental expense and your Rental Allowance against your remuneration."

Do I allocate the $200/wk as a non-taxable (before tax) allowance and then use a non-taxable (before tax) deduction for the Groups rental Expense?

Great question you asked. Why don't you take professional advice at AcoBloom International? They give 20 hours of free service.

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last