Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Bookkeeping Experience

• Affiliate
  • 2 posts
  • # 118439

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this in but I'm sure someone will let me know.

I'm looking for information on how to gain bookkeeping experience. I'm currently studying the Diploma of Accounting, I finished my Cert IV in Bookkeeping in 2017 and went on to work as an Assistant Bookkeeper at a non for profit on a 10 month contract. Since that role ended I havent been able to get any work because most companies want 3-5 years experience. I have contacted many bookkeeping & accounting firms around my local area of Mooroolbark in Victoria to offer my services on a voluntary basis but no one seems interested. Does anyone have any other suggestions how to get experience in this industry?

Cheers,

Darren

• Student
  • 2 posts
  • # 118440

Hi Darren,

This was me last year, and I just checked and still no reply on here :( . I was in the same position. I actually joined a bookkeeping Facebook group—people are more engaging because everyone is always on it :p. I was lucky enough to find somebody in my local area who was kind enough to answer my post. This would be my recommendation as it appeared to work for me :)

kind regards,

Courtney 

• Affiliate
  • 2 posts
  • # 118441

Hi Courtney,

Thanks so much for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Glad you were able to find someone to help you out, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Darren

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 2 posts
  • # 118442

Hi Darren

If you are in a position to volunteer, perhaps enquire with charitable organisations that may appreciate your services - Rotary, Lions etc.  I did a couple of years for Rotary alongside their treasurer.

I also have a pro-bono client who owns a business and their child had cancer so I did their work for free.  He's good as gold now and parents are eternally grateful they didn't have to worry about their bookkeeping.

Good luck Smile

• 5 posts
  • # 118533

Dhicks said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this in but I'm sure someone will let me know.

I'm looking for information on how to gain bookkeeping experience. I'm currently studying the Diploma of Accounting, I finished my Cert IV in Bookkeeping in 2017 and went on to work as an Assistant Bookkeeper at a non for profit on a 10 month contract. Since that role ended I havent been able to get any work because most companies want 3-5 years experience. I have contacted many bookkeeping & accounting firms around my local area of Mooroolbark in Victoria to offer my services on a voluntary basis but no one seems interested. Does anyone have any other suggestions how to get experience in this industry?

Cheers,

Darren

Hello,

Try going to blogs and facebook groups. Start with small company bookkeeping. Take internships comes in many job portals. I hope this will help you.

- AcoBloom International

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last