Hi ICB Network!
We are looking to fill the below position - please pass on to anyone you know who would potentially suit. The role is for an employee and needs to be local because they are required onsite (Boondall & Stafford Qld Areas).
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season all!
We are on the look out for a Payroll Officer to join our existing team in a bookkeeping firm located on Brisbane’s northside. Our firm provides full-service payroll, bookkeeping and management accounting to a range of small business clients. The successful applicant will be joining a current team of 7 permanent staff.
This role will start at 10 hours per week permanent - casual with a view to expanding work if and when suitable. The applicant may be required to visit one or more places of work – always within the Stafford – Boondall areas. Work and training are required in-person (remote work is not suitable for this position).
This position is required beginning in February 2020. The position will be for days that align with client payrolls and would potentially suit a person with school-age children. As the days are specific (Wed/Thursday) it is unlikely to suit university students.
The successful applicant will have 2-5 years of office or administration related experience but is not required to have payroll experience. This role will include full training and is designed to provide assistance for a Senior Payroll Officer and their current workload.
Over time the applicant will develop:
- demonstrable knowledge and experience gained in a multi-instrument payroll environment.
- time management, prioritisation and work organisational skills.
- problem solving and negotiation skills to effectively address and resolve workplace enquiries.
- ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written English) with internal and external customers and their employees
- the ability to interpret a variety of Awards and Agreements across several industries
- sound knowledge of payroll legislation across all states and territories
- time management skills that are essential to meet strict deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced environment
The required skills include:
- high level of accurate data entry
- high level of written and oral communication skills
- excellent listening and evaluating abilities
- intermediate to advanced computing skills including detailed knowledge of programs like Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- friendly and professional personal manner and demeanour
- ability to work under pressure, both in a team and independently and to take initiative as occasion demands
Experience in the following systems will be highly regarded:
- MYOB Account Right Live
Pay will be commensurate with the Clerical Award scale applicable to the applicant.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with a minimum three references to email@example.com. Applications missing those components will not be considered.