I'm looking for assistance with client load in the form of an experienced bookkeeper who is looking for a few hours on a weekly basis and who can work from their own location with flexible hours using cloud based systems to support the practice and clients.
The role is to be performed from your own location, i.e. working remotely and reports to the Principal/Owner. The role is a BYO equipment role which will offer an allowance to cover these costs.
This role provides essential bookkeeping services to our clients by processing and recording everyday transactions and reconciling to trial balance. Transactions include posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. In addition, this role will also be required to prepare and reconcile for Activity Statements, preparation for compliance documents and general preparation towards compliance on behalf of our clients.
The role may include some Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management on behalf of clients. You will be required to perform tasks with the highest level of accuracy and have an analytical approach to solve problems. Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Recording and updating financial transactions using Xero or QBO
- Bank reconciliations
- Liaise with clients to collect and distribute data
- Month end duties
- Payroll – end to end and lodge Single Touch Payroll with ATO within the required timeframe
- Collating information for clients’ tax agents
- Producing balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss and other financial documents as required
- Comply with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements
Skills & Experience
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking for a flexible position and can work collaboratively. This role will offer variety as you will be exposed to clients from different industries. The successful candidate will be commercially astute with a positive attitude, coupled with the following experience and attributes:
Proven successful bookkeeping and clerical experience
- Recognised bookkeeping qualifications i.e. Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Certificate IV in Accounting
- Experience with appropriate accounting packages i.e. MYOB, Xero, QBO and basic understanding of legislation associated with the preparation and maintenance of organisational financials (including payroll and GST)
- A passion and commitment for the highest level of customer/client service. Seeks to understand customer/client expectations and responds to their needs
- Self-motivated with high levels energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail – owns the numbers, knows the numbers and their accuracy and completeness at all times
- Superior organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and plan multiple activities and meet objectives within established timelines
- Able to effectively communicate at all organisational levels and in any environment in both verbal and written form with superior listening skills
- Integrity – Maintains legal, social and organisational standards and values and honours commitments
- Technologically savvy with advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and 365 Apps
To apply please email your CV with a brief cover letter addressing your background and interests/qualifications and something unique about your backgroud and experience that you would bring to the role. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edited at 30 Aug 2019 04:47 AM GMT
Edited at 30 Aug 2019 04:47 AM GMT