Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Pure Bookkeeping or Franchise

• Student
  • 1 post
  • # 117770

Hi.  

I am 40 years old and just starting out in bookkeeping - half way through my Cert IV.  

I have little to no experience with any accounting software but have looked after the financial records for my own business for the last 5 years and worked as a treasurer for 2 not-for-profit organisations mostly using spreadsheets.  

I'm looking at a career change and to start my own bookkeeping business but would like to have a system in place to follow and make sure I get everything right.  There are currently only 3 bookkeeping businesses in our town of 20,000+ people and associated businesses. 

Is Pure Bookkeeping able to provide what I want or would it be better to join a franchise and have access to their resources?  

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited at 18 May 2019 11:29 AM GMT

• 4 posts
  • # 117789

D_T said:

Hi.  

I am 40 years old and just starting out in bookkeeping - half way through my Cert IV.  

I have little to no experience with any accounting software but have looked after the financial records for my own business for the last 5 years and worked as a treasurer for 2 not-for-profit organisations mostly using spreadsheets.  

I'm looking at a career change and to start my own bookkeeping business but would like to have a system in place to follow and make sure I get everything right.  There are currently only 3 bookkeeping businesses in our town of 20,000+ people and associated businesses. 

Is Pure Bookkeeping able to provide what I want or would it be better to join a franchise and have access to their resources?  

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited at 18 May 2019 11:29 AM GMT

Hey,

You can rather start your own bookeeping business than purchasing a franchise.

Here are few things that need to taken care of while starting your bookeeping business.

1. Become a Certified Bookkeeper.
  2. Create a Business Plan.
  3. Incorporate Your Bookkeeping Business.
  4. Set Up Business Operations for Your Bookkeeping Business.
  5. Get the Right Accounting Software like QuickBooks Hosting.
  6. Fund Your Bookkeeping Business

Regards,

Adrian Gates

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last