Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

EBA Travel Allowance

  • Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 1 post
  • # 117519

Good morning

My client has some staff working on EBA work sites and we need to pay the staff a special EBA rate and give them $50 travel allowance per day. That's determined by the EBA agreement.

My question is, how do I classify this travel allowance? When I read the Allowances information on the ATO website, I am not sure where this travel allowance falls under and if I need to withhold tax or not.


Could anybody help me with this?



  • Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 276 posts
  • # 117520



It will be dependent on what the travel allowance is for.  If it is just a daily allowance covering from home to and from work and back then it will be payg, super and effectively OTE.  Without knowing what the allowance is actually for makes it difficult to answer the question:(

  • 5 posts
  • # 117989

MikkeyQ4 said:

Edited at 19 Aug 2019 05:25 AM GMT by PaulineWalton (MODERATOR)

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last