Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Single Touch Payroll - what do you need?

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 115970

On our STP page (www.icb.org.au/stp) we provide status updates, information, resources to help you help business understand.

Shortly we will be providing the links and access to "How to do" Single Touch Payroll in the software.

What else woudl you like or would help you in your quest to implement STP with your businesses?

Edited at 22 Nov 2017 07:48 PM GMT

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 13 posts
  • # 116019

Hi Matthew, that is great.  Just going through the guide and what exactly does "Undertake the ICB Single Touch Payroll Accreditation" mean as I cannot find the certification process unless it means to watch all the webinars which I will be starting next week.  Thanks.

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 116052

>
Hi,
await the next edition of the guide and we will then have an accreditation for our members on STP
>
>
>

• 36 posts
  • # 116150

Hi All,

The resources ICB have supplied on STP are very detailed and worth looking over.

I've been working very closely with SBR and the ATO to get our software STP ready, so would be happy to answer any question from a software development perspective.

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 5 posts
  • # 116527

HI Matthew

My client uses MYOB Premier V19 which MYOB won't be supporting for STP unless we go to the cloud. However we have unreliable internet which doesn't make it a viable option at the moment for us, along with some other issues. We have investigated moving to MYOB EXO but the price is a little off putting. Are you aware of any stand alone payroll options that will be compliant but also integrate with MYOB? Impossible question?!?!

• 36 posts
  • # 116528

Hi Judis,

There are few standalone payroll providers. While I’m not sure which ones integrate to MYOB, adding a manual ledger entry for Gross, Tax, Super, etc hopefully wouldn’t be too time consuming.

Microkeeper is standalone but is cloud base so doesn’t fit all your requirements.

Here is a list of all the current companies working in the STP space.

If you click on Platform you can search by Desktop.

Hopefully you can find something that suites your needs.

https://www.absia.asn.au/page/product-catalogue?title=&submit=&agency%5B%5D=143&agency%5B%5D=144&agency%5B%5D=150&agency%5B%5D=145

Edited at 28 Mar 2018 06:46 AM GMT

Edited at 30 Mar 2018 12:16 AM GMT

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 5 posts
  • # 116535

Hi Joel. Thanks for the info but that link doesn't work. Well not for me. Any chance you can send it again?

Thanks

Edited at 29 Mar 2018 01:36 AM GMT

• 36 posts
  • # 116548

Hi Judis,

Your correct, I think there is a bug with the ICB forum, if you copy the link and paste the URL then it should work.

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 151 posts
  • # 116571

JudiS said:

“ HI Matthew

My client uses MYOB Premier V19 which MYOB won't be supporting for STP unless we go to the cloud. However we have unreliable internet which doesn't make it a viable option at the moment for us, along with some other issues. We have investigated moving to MYOB EXO but the price is a little off putting. Are you aware of any stand alone payroll options that will be compliant but also integrate with MYOB? Impossible question?!?!

Hi Judi,

Does this Client fit in any of the following?  If so a deferral number is available.

MYOB AccountRight v19 clients

A deferral is available to AccountRight v19 clients using the following features:

• Multi-Currency
• Multi-Location
• M-Powered Payments
• Negative inventory
• Some add-ons* 

Regards,

Wendy

Edited at 09 Apr 2018 01:17 PM GMT

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 116691

I'm confused.  Clearly states PAYG must be paid at time of sending STP Payroll via software.  Then there are notes about pre-filled (or not) BAS/IAS forms.  If the software is already sending and paying the PAYG tax component, won't this mean that the BAS/IAS reports will be out of whack?  (As these amounts already paid?) - or are we reporting "twice" and manually deducting the amounts already paid via STP??

Anne MacDonald

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 116692

You will need to show me where you are seeing any reference to paying the PAYGW at payday.  That is totally incorrect.  Payment of PAYGW remains as it is now; on the BAS or weekly for large payers.  SGC is still payable quarterly or subject to your industrial award.

NOTHING changes about payment due dates

AnneMacDonald said:

I'm confused.  Clearly states PAYG must be paid at time of sending STP Payroll via software.  Then there are notes about pre-filled (or not) BAS/IAS forms.  If the software is already sending and paying the PAYG tax component, won't this mean that the BAS/IAS reports will be out of whack?  (As these amounts already paid?) - or are we reporting "twice" and manually deducting the amounts already paid via STP??

Anne MacDonald

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 116693

Hi Mathew

This is on the ICB page Intro:

Part of the concept was that each and every payrun the employer must pay the PAYG Withholding tax to the ATO at the same time and also the concept was that the super has to be paid at the same time. 

This is no longer part of government policy.

It's law

So maybe I've misunderstood what this is saying?

Regards

Anne

• 36 posts
  • # 116694

ICB removed the post as already answered

Edited at 08 May 2018 11:24 PM GMT by Matthew Addison (MODERATOR)

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 116695

your quote includes the words “…was…”

and then “This is no longer part of government policy”   

so it is trying to say payment is not changing - I will have a look
As mentioned below - there is no change to payment requirements

AnneMacDonald said:

Hi Mathew

This is on the ICB page Intro:

Part of the concept was that each and every payrun the employer must pay the PAYG Withholding tax to the ATO at the same time and also the concept was that the super has to be paid at the same time. 

This is no longer part of government policy.

It's law

So maybe I've misunderstood what this is saying?

Regards

Anne

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 116696

Hi John

See below my reply to Matthew.  From ICB documentation.

Regards

Anne

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 116697

Thanks Matthew - yes, a misinterpretaion of what was being said, perhaps a little unclear? (double negatives et al? :)

Anne

• 36 posts
  • # 116698

Hi Matthew,

Can you eleborate on "ICB removed the post as already answered"

Question was at 9:05AM my answer was at 09:19AM no other answers before that time.

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 116793

>
>
>
>

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 116794

>
I have changed the text - thanks for the feedback
>
>
>

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 7 posts
  • # 116796

>
> cheers Mathew, Anne
>
>

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 3 posts
  • # 117606

Hi Matthew,

Do we need to be an HR Intermediary to provide payroll services and STP at whatever level or is it only a recommendation? Just trying to get my head around my engagement letter and whatever else needs to be done/changed/updated before STP comes into effect.

Alison

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 455 posts
  • # 117609

>
> No you don’t need to be an hr intermediary

>
>

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last