Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Chart of Accounts and MYOB 'Clean-Ups'

• 1 post
  • # 112978

Hi all

I finished my Cert IV Bookkeeping and Accounting last year and have started my own bookkeeping business from home. I have just signed on my first client who has asked me to do a 'clean-up ' of their MYOB and to provide 5 or so hours each month for reconciliation of accounts and general caretaking to ensure they are entering things correctly.

I have been given Administrative Access to their MYOB accountright Live account and have been going through their company file and their Chart of Accounts is a bit 'mish-mash' and all over the place. They have items I would consider Cost of Sale items in the general Expense Account and some very random accounts throughout. My question for everyone is, do I seek authority from the client to discuss this with the accountant and in what form - an email sent to the accountant and cc me in or a written letter signed by the client? And can I ask the accountant to provide me with some advice regarding changes to make or should these changes all be done by the accountant?

All advice is greatly appreciated!!

Larissa

• 5 posts
  • # 118116

Optimization of business processes is carried out nonstop and usually covers a narrow area at the level of functions. It is characterized by more moderate risks and requires much less time to conduct. I am thinking about the automation of processes, what can you advise? How is it best to implement new software https://www.managemart.com/hvac, and how to teach the employees? Will I have to fire some of them?...

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last