Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Small Cafe Point of Sale Software

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 5 posts
  • # 102306

I would be interested to hear software recommendations from anyone providing bookkeeping & BAS Agent services to small cafes currently using pos software.

Smile

Edited at 24 Oct 2014 03:45 AM GMT

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 45 posts
  • # 102364

Hi Cheryl,

Are you looking for Browser based programs.  If yes, & for a price on the lower scale, then Vend or Kounta.  

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 31 posts
  • # 102368

I use Xero for my small cafe customer, but they don't have a POS system - just use a register. My bar client uses Revel POS system (I can't remember the pricing), which uses an iPad linked to the register and EFPTOS machine and it works well for them.

I'm looking for time & attendance and HR (ie. award interpretation) add-ons for Xero for both clients - currently looking at KeyPass and Tanda - don't suppose anyone has used either of these?

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 5 posts
  • # 102385

Thanks Jenny & Jen - I will investigate your suggestions.

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • Certified Bookkeeping Practice
  • 71 posts
  • # 103980

We have a restaurant client that uses Revel for POS and Deputy for rostering and timesheets. Revel sales and receipt data integrates with Xero and Deputy timesheets can be exported into Xero with Award interpretation happening along the way, if the pay items are set up in Xero with the correct syntax. It might take you a while to get your head around it, but it's pretty awesome stuff.

Edited at 28 Jan 2015 08:36 AM GMT

• 2 posts
  • # 112999

Hi Carmen, I'd like to help you and because I am also a restaurant owner, I would prefer to use POS system on iPad, which is much lower cost and more convenient as well. Maybe Web-based software like Vend soft or others are also okay, but I choose Magestore POS ipad for my little iPad device. Don't know if it would help you or not, please tell me.

best air purifiers|best large room air purifiers|best air purifiers for office|best air purifiers for bedroom|best air purifiers for allergies and asthma|best air purifiers for pets|best air purifiers for smoke|best air purifiers for mold|best air purifiers for dust

Coway AP-1512HH|Oransi Max|Levoit LV-H132|Levoit LV-H133|Levoit LV-H126|Levoit LV-PUR131|Rabbit Air MinusA2|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0|Austin Air HealthMate Plus|Austin Air HealthMate||Austin Air Bedroom Machine||Austin Air Pet Machine||Coway AP-1216L

Edited at 10 Aug 2018 09:14 AM GMT

Edited at 04 Jan 2019 03:11 AM GMT

Edited at 06 May 2019 06:50 AM GMT

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • Certified Bookkeeping Practice
  • 71 posts
  • # 113000

Hi Bruce

Our experiences with Revel since that post have been less than satisfactory. It really does not integrate well with Xero and has lots of problems. We have also terminated our services with this client in the interim due to a change in management that wasn't beneficial for the continuation of the quality of service we aim to deliver, so we don't currently have a need to develop our understanding of POS for the restaurant industry. This client had fixed terminals for sales and wasn't really keen on iPads. I guess it depends very much on the restaurant.

Kind Regards
Carmen 

brucekenway said:

“Hi Carmen, I'd like to help you and because I am also a restaurant owner, I world prefer to use POS system on iPad, which is much lower cost and more convenient as well. Maybe Web-based software like Vend soft or others are also okay, but I choose Magento POS ipad for my little iPad device. Don't know if it would help you or not, please tell me.”

• 2 posts
  • # 113047

Thank you for your reply, Carmen. It really helps me.

• 3 posts
  • # 114945

brucekenway said:

Hi Carmen, I'd like to help you and because I am also a restaurant owner, I world prefer to use POS system on iPad, which is much lower cost and more convenient as well. Maybe Web-based software like Vend soft or others are also okay, but I choose Magestore POS ipad for my little iPad device. Don't know if it would help you or not, please tell me.

And I also used Magento 2 One step checkout extension, Magento 2 Gift Card extension and Magento 2 Affiliate extension to help my restaurant, too.

Edited at 25 Aug 2016 03:45 AM GMT

Thank Bruce, I've tried and they are very good!

• 1 post
  • # 117688

Im using XERO too. Intuitive to say the least.

My personal clean air site | Airmega my daily cleaner | Say NO to smokers!

Edited at 16 Apr 2019 10:09 AM GMT

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last