Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

2014 Conference Suggestions

• 22 posts
  • # 96627

Tell us what you want to see at next years conference!

We would love to hear your feedback :-)

• Fellow in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 2 posts
  • # 96841

This question often asked at monthly network meetings and needs clarification -  difference between  CPE hours
required to remain a member of ICB and/or registered as BAS Agent with TPB.

Another topic I would like discussed, now that the first Taxabe Reportable Payments have been lodged is
 the differentiation between the construction industry/builders and other businesses or entities for reporting of such payments, i.e. property trusts.  My current clients are not in the building industry but may be borderline with regards to
reporting. Is there also discussions on changes to this reporting in the future.

Vanessa West FICB
Melville Network Facilitator

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 31 posts
  • # 96842

I would love a topic on client Audits (ATO, TPB, ASIC, Fair Work, etc) - what to expect, how to prepare, risk factors for being red flagged, etc. Thanks!

Edited at 09 Jan 2014 07:14 AM GMT

• Member in Practice
  • Practice Certificate
  • 31 posts
  • # 96843

Also something that I should have remembered to mention in the 'suggestions' bit of the ICB 2013 survey - whether a 'closed' or even 'secret' Facebook group for members would be a good alternative forum for those of us that don't actively participate on LinkedIn or the website forum? I imagine some of the more sensitive/embarrassing questions would best be asked with a strictly members-only audience, and not visible to all on the internet...

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last