Bookkeepers helping Bookkeepers helping Business
Local Focus – National Accreditation – Global recognition
ICB promotes and maintains the standards of bookkeeping as a profession, through the establishment of expectations, relevant qualifications and the award of grades of membership that recognise academic attainment, working experience and expertise.
ICB Global Objectives
ICB Global states The Institutes objectives are:
- To promote bookkeeping as a profession
- To enable bookkeeping to gain recognition as an integral part of the financial profession
- To promote training in the principles of bookkeeping
- To enable the achievement of a qualification
- To improve the career prospects of its members
In Australia, the ICB provides bookkeepers with the co-operative forum to be the best they can be. It is about bookkeepers: Bookkeepers helping bookkeepers helping business.
The vision of the ICB is
- To provide bookkeepers
- With the co-operative forum
- To be the best they can be
It’s about bookkeepers
In Australia, “Bookkeepers” includes BAS Agents who are registered with the Tax Practitioners Board for the purposes of the Tax Agent Services Act 2009.
The ICB aims to bring certainty to the bookkeeping profession and all involved and affected by it. It answers the questions: What does a bookkeeper do? How skilled is this bookkeeper? How do I prove my bookkeeping skills? How do I improve my bookkeeping skills? How do I do bookkeeping better? What are the benefits of being part of a professional organisation for bookkeepers?
ICB will accredit, assist and inform bookkeepers and the community thereby increasing the structure and definition of the profession.
ICB will promote Certified Bookkeepers and develop the Professionalism of Certified Bookkeepers
ICB is a member based, not for profit, professional association: bookkeepers helping bookkeepers."
The Purposes of ICB Australia
The purposes of ICB include
- To facilitate forums of information, experience and education exchange
- To provide Resources and Guidance for the best practice of bookkeeping
- To provide support for certified bookkeepers including technical assistance
- To Promote Certified Bookkeepers
- To develop the professionalism of Certified Bookkeepers
- To provide commercial benefit from being a member of this network
- Embrace, Support & Promote the BAS Agent regime
- To provide opportunities for the gaining of experience under supervision
- To ensure government & key stakeholders listen to, consider and promote certified bookkeepers and their reality
The next 10 years to 2026 for ICB
(A review undertaken in 2016)
With the perspective of “Bookkeepers helping Bookkeepers helping Business”,
the benefits of “Global Recognition – National Accreditation – Local Focus”,
the vision and purposes as above,
we specifically embark on
- Influencing the Educational review
- Influencing and collaborating with the ATO and Government
- Proactive engagement with our Strategic Partners
- Enhanced project management and communication
- Enhanced Digital Content and Design
- Developing further bookkeeper mentoring opportunities
- Enhancing the Network meetings
The full Policy and Philosophy is published and available in PDF here
The PDF full version is the document approved and accepted by members and empowered by the Constitution.
The next 10 years presentation pdf