The Constitution requires:
Directors appointment process
- Call for Expressions of Interest or Nominations (November each year)
- Any interested or nominated person to consider obligations and expectations of being an ICB Director: Constitutional Requirements, ASIC requirements and ICB Policy & Philosophy
- consider conflicts of interest that may disqualify from being able to perform the duties as a Director
- consider conflicts of interest that may require disclosure to members for their evaluation
- Nominated person to make and attest to their Nomination Declaration
- Includes profile
- Includes statement of intent in relation to ICB and the role
- Nominations submitted (Closing date 13th January, 2020) email to Celina@icb.org.au
- Eligibility of all Nominations reviewed
- Nominations made known to members (by 31st January, 2020)
- Webinar for each Nominee to meet with members and discuss any items (6th February 2020)
- Online Election Process (6th to 17th February 2020)
- Declaration of Results 18th February 2020
- Directors presented to members AGM information and Webinar (March / April)
- AGM Webinar and commencement of role.
Candidate information is made available on the ICB website. Candidates must comply with the ICB Electioneering policy which provides for their information to be provided by ICB and also with an agreed, consistent and standard approach.
Rotation of Directors - 3 year terms
The Constitution states that each term of appointment for each Director will be no more than 3 years and also that they are eligible for re-election. Following the revision of the constitution in 2019 and the expansion of the Board and in order to establish the rotation of the Board, 2 directors were elected for 1 year: Rob Marshall & John Birse.
Rob Marshall has indicated his eligbility and willingness to be re-elected, which the Board has endorsed.
John Birse has indicated that he will not seek re-election.
Matthew Addison, Melissa Foote, Leanne Berry, Roslyn Van Welie shall all contiinue.
The Board of ICB requires the election of two Directors from March 2020; Mr. John Birse’s 1 year term has expired, and John has indicated he will not nominate for re-election. Rob Marshall is standing for re-election.
The Director election voting has two components
- Indication of Confidence in the person’s ability to be a Director (50% positive support from the membership required)
- Voting to indicate which of the Directors you place your vote. (Noting that the constitution then states the Nominees with the higher number of votes will be appointed)
25 Nov. Call for Expressions of Interest & Nominations
13 Jan. CLOSE of nominations - email to Celina@icb.org.au
31 Jan. Notification to Members
6 Feb. Meet the Nominees – Webinars
6 to 17 Feb. Online Voting
18 Feb. Declaration of Results
April Commence Role in conjunction with Members AGM.