Telephony service standard performance statistics
as at the close of business on 17th July, 2017
From 1 July 2017 the ATO received approximately:
- 448,160 inbound calls to the general queues;
- 67,405 to tax practitioner queue; and
- achieved service commitments of:
- General taxpayer calls – 81% of calls answered within 5 minutes
- Tax practitioner calls – 91% of calls answered within 2 minutes.
Calls received have a wait time of 27 seconds and typically are resolved in about 12 minutes for the Agents phone lines.