If you or your clients have been affected by the January 2013 bushfires, don't worry about taxation matters at this time. We are implementing a range of support strategies to help, including:
- The deferral of lodgment and payment due dates
- Contacting registered tax agents and BAS agents to determine what assistance you need
- Limiting our correspondence to people who live in the affected areas.
If you or any of your clients reside within the affected postcodes identified on our website, we will automatically defer the lodgment and payment date (excluding large pay as you go withholders) to 28 April 2013 for the following activity statements:
- December 2012 monthly activity statements - originally due 21 January 2013
- January 2013 monthly activity statements - originally due 21 February 2013
- February 2013 monthly activity statements - originally due 21 March 2013
- December 2012 quarterly activity statements - originally due 28 February 2013
If deferrals have already been granted to a later date, the later date will still apply.
If you or your clients have other lodgment or payment obligations in the coming weeks and you need additional time, phone us on 13 72 86 Fast Key Code 5 before any due dates.
In the meantime, if you or your clients receive any correspondence from us that you are not ready to deal with, contact us and we will make arrangements for you.
Further information is available on our website at www.ato.gov.au:
Assistant Deputy Commissioner
Tax Practitioner and Lodgment Strategy