Today's Business Advisory Forum for SBR reports that bookkeepers can be credited with the building success of lodgements through the SBR system.
The ICB views this as no surprise! GovReports has enabled bookkeepers to lodge forms efficiently especially EMPDUPE files and this 2012 payroll year was just the start.
Here's some notes from the SBR teleconference:
- Month by month there is significant increase in BAS lodgements
- Noticeable increase in lodgements from software attributed to Bookkeepers
- 45000 lodgements in July alone
- 91 licenced software providers with 17 certified with products in the marketplace
- New content on website
- mention of the surprise that bookkeepers seem to take advantage of these new technologies faster than accountants
(our thanks to Leanne Berry for representing ICB at this meeting)