Since Monday 10 September 2012, we have been experiencing difficulties with the Tax Agent Portal, BAS Agent Portal and Business Portal.
On the weekend of 8-9 September 2012 two systems were deployed:
- Access Manager (AM) replaced the Online Access Manager providing portal users with control access and functionality access with the portals.
AM offers new functions, including easier navigation and the ability to copy access and permissions across multiple users.
- BAS Agent Portal enhancements were deployed providing BAS agents with additional functionality.
This increased functionality was a result of feedback on how we can assist BAS agents with their intermediary role and includes access to the client account menu, additional online forms and portal mail messaging topics.
As a result of the upgrade registered agents have been experiencing a number of intermittent problems including:
- connecting to the portal
- slow response times navigating the portal
- inability to request reports such as pre-fill information
- intermittent disconnection from the portal
We are working to restore services.
Resolution of these issues is a priority for the ATO and we apologise for any inconvenience.
If you are trying to lodge forms there are alternative options you may like to consider, including electronic commerce interface (ECI) and electronic lodgment service (ELS).
If you require additional support please call our registered agent phone line 13 72 86 Fast Key Code 33.
We will keep you informed about these issues by updating our System maintenance and issues page.
Tax Practitioner and Lodgement Strategy