EOY resources are now available to those who were unable to attend the recent June weekend workshop.
ICB is currently running weekend workshop at 4 locations around Australia with over 200 people attending and for those who were unable to attend we are making available a video or audio of both days along with the GST/BAS End of Year manual.
Resources available to purchase:
Day 1 Agenda.- Payroll...
- Getting ready for 2012/13 - Ensure you have the indexed figures for PAYG, FBT, Superannuation and Payroll Tax
- Tips & Tricks - Handy hints to add value to your payroll processing.
- Superannuation - Learn about all the changes coming in relation to increased percentages, concessional contributions and pay slip reporting.
- Back Pays and Bonuses - The ATO will be releasing a new back pay/bonus tax table effective 1 July 2012. We will cover all the differences, the options for doing your calculations and run through some worked examples
- Tax - Understand the effects of the changes to Tax-free thresholds, the end of the ETP transitional period and the Electronic TFN declaration specifications
- Fringe Benefits - The Government has announced changes to LAFHA that are due to commence from 1 July 2012. Learn about how these changes will affect what packaging arrangements you can provide to your international assignees
- And more - Budget announcements, new reporting requirements for companies with contractors in the building and construction industry ..... the list goes on
Day 2 Agenda...
Tips and Tricks
Payroll Year End Checklist - Ensure you "cover off" everything so your End of Year runs smoothly.
GST / BAS
- Accounting for payment where GST is not 1/11th of the total amount
- Paying an account for GST only
- Information on Non-Deductible expenses
- Payment of an invoice from a supplier not registered for GST
- Payment of an invoice from a supplier without an ABN
- Accounting for Premium Funding Arrangements
- Leaving the GST system
- The “Margin” Scheme
- Second-hand Goods
- Pre-establishment Costs
- Inter-entity transactions
- Accounting for Private Use of Trading Stock
- Payroll and the Activity Statement
- Cash to Accrual, Accrual to Cash
- End of Period BAS reconciliations – Process / Procedure
- Entering a payment for entertainment expenses using NTD code
- Correcting BAS Errors
- Reconciling the GST
- Correcting GST Mistakes and Time Limits
- Writing off a Bad Debt
- Accounting for Private Use
- Entering export sales
- Accounting for purchase of new motor vehicle – Chattel Mortgage
- Accounting for the purchase of new computer using Hire Purchase
FBT & Taxes
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Contributions
- Luxury Car Tax and Limits
- Wine Equalisation Tax
- Negative Tax Codes
- Entering a payment for the provision of a fringe benefit to an employee