|ATO prompting your client (without the side effects)
Have you got that client who won’t take your concerns seriously?
The client and the way they do business don’t quite fit?
Not sure exactly how the ATO would view what is going on?
Would your client cope with the ATO coming to visit, with a promise that they will look, advise but there will be NO other impact from this ATO visit?
“Free and helpful tax assistance – no strings attached"
What is an assistance visit?
To help make it as easy as possible for you to comply with your tax and super obligations, the ATO provide a free and tailored assistance service within Australia. Visits are conducted by tax officers at your place of business or preferred location. At this meeting, the ATO will work through and discuss specific tax information of interest to you. Some topics include:
- registering for an Australian business number (ABN)
- understanding and registering for the goods and services tax (GST)
- understanding employer obligations (pay as you go withholding, super guarantee, and fringe benefits tax)
- understanding super obligations
- understanding activity statement and record keeping requirements
- understanding the range of other taxes and obligations that might apply to your business
- lodging activity statements online via the Business Portal (includes set up and registration).
All provided with a promise from the ATO:
“No strings attached
All assistance visits are covered by the Commissioner’s guarantee. This means that they are educational in nature and the information you share with the ATO officers is confidential and will not be used for any other purpose.”
How to arrange an assistance visit
Small businesses needing help are encouraged to take advantage of this voluntary service. You can register for an assistance visit online at any time, or phone 13 28 66 between 8.00am and 6.00pm weekdays and we will arrange for one of our officers to contact you to make an appointment.