The Institute and its Objectives
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is the largest bookkeeping institute in the world. It promotes and maintains the standards of bookkeeping as a profession, through the establishment of a series of relevant qualifications and the award of grades of membership that recognise academic attainment, working experience and competence.
The Institute's objectives are:
- To promote bookkeeping as a profession
- To enable bookkeeping to gain recognition as an integral part of the financial profession
- To promote training in the principles of bookkeeping
- To develop personal study skills and improve confidence of those persons who undertake a course in bookkeeping
- To enable the achievement of a qualification, which may be used to enhance prospects for progression into higher levels of study
- To improve the career prospects of its members
Consultation with commerce and industry has confirmed and amplified the Institute's assessment of the need for qualified bookkeepers. Employers both large and small are fully supportive of the objectives of The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
"Bookkeeping has given me a freedom to do what I want" - John Canning AICB